Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro3 adding an additional hub (at another location)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Otter69
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro3 with (4) cameras at the moment. We are only using (2) of the cameras as they cover the area required for monitoring our barn. I would like to purchase an additional hub and use the (2) remaining cameras at a seasonal residence we own. What hub would I need in order to support the Arlo Pro3 cameras at the seasonal residence? I believe my current hub is a VMS4340P-100NAS, this was purchased in 11/20 as a 4 camera kit. I do not see this item number offered online under accessories.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Otter69 wrote:

I believe my current hub is a VMS4340P-100NAS, 

The VMS prefix is used for systems.  VMC is used for cameras, VMB is used for bases.

That particular system should include a VMB4540 smarthub.  You can purchase another one of those for your second site (which IMO would be the best option). 

There are some other choices here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station - (VMB5000, VMB4500, VMB4000).  The last two are not smarthubs, so you wouldn't be able to set up direct access to local storage.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Otter69 wrote:

I believe my current hub is a VMS4340P-100NAS, 

The VMS prefix is used for systems.  VMC is used for cameras, VMB is used for bases.

That particular system should include a VMB4540 smarthub.  You can purchase another one of those for your second site (which IMO would be the best option). 

There are some other choices here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station - (VMB5000, VMB4500, VMB4000).  The last two are not smarthubs, so you wouldn't be able to set up direct access to local storage.

Otter69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info and quick response. Yes, my system uses the VMB4540 smarthub. That was the direction I was leaning (purchase another one of those for my second site) but was looking for confirmation from someone knowledgeable with the systems. I will start my quest for a new smarthub.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation