Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro3 VMC4040P Not connecting

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ChewMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo 3 Pro camera that is set up in my account, and visible on my app. It sends me notfications when it detects motion, and the LED spotlight activates. However when I go to the app to view the camera, it will not connect. I have the camera located right next to the hub and router so there are no bandwidth issues. I have tried factory reset, and removing it and readding the camera. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ChewMan wrote:

I have an Arlo 3 Pro camera that is set up in my account, and visible on my app. It sends me notfications when it detects motion, and the LED spotlight activates. However when I go to the app to view the camera, it will not connect. I have the camera located right next to the hub and router so there are no bandwidth issues. I have tried factory reset, and removing it and readding the camera. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks

Believe it or not, it is possible for the camera to be too close to the hub (and for the hub to be too close to the router).  It might worth trying this with the camera a bit further away.

Is the camera recording?  Or just sending you notifications?

ChewMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I relocated the camera and hub, but it is still not connecting. I am not seeing any recordings in the time line, so I assume it is not recording.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a subscription?

ChewMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, O have the Arlo Secure subscription, and I have one other camera that is connect and recording. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ChewMan wrote:

have the Arlo Secure subscription, and I have one other camera that is connect and recording. 

Does "not connecting" mean

• the camera shows off-line in the app? or
  • that it shows on-line, but hour-glasses when you livestream?
  • or something else?

You could try a factory reset of the camera:

1. remove it from the account
  2. hold down the sync button until the camera flashes amber (about 15 seconds)
  3. add it back to the account
jzjakerz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not original poster, but I have similar problems.

i have reset the base station and reset the camera. I’ve swapped batteries. I’ve moved the location of the camera. Nothing works to get video to stream or record.

i can set up the camera just fine. The base station finds it and connects. The base station knows the battery level. The camera responds to motion with the spotlight. But the app will not show live video or record video.

when you tap the play button, it just circles the connection icon over and over for several minutes with no connection.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation