Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 not being discovered

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Biglexlost
Follower
Follower

First off, I want to say that my Arlo Pro 3 does not have the white quick release button like the t/s articles show and say to use to be able to remove the battery to perform a hard reset. Instead, there is a black rubber flap that you lift to gain access to the micro USB charging port. There is a QR sticker under the but if you remove it, you only find a tiny screw. I even unscrewed it to see if I could take it apart like the pictures show but no dice.

Not only is this happening with my system, but the same thing is happening at my aunty's house where I'm trying to add more Pro 3 cameras. She has the exact same setup with a base station. The cameras charge up and blue light flashes when I push the button on the bottom but the Arlo app will not discover them. I thought, maybe it could be the camera but the fact it's happening with all the cameras and with two completely independent systems leads me to believe otherwise. I even tried adding these cameras as other models as a last ditch effort with no avail. 

So I guess at this moment in time, I'm hoping someone on here knows how to perform the factory reset on these cameras that we have? Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have five cameras between the two locations that I'm trying to add to. So frustrating! 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My Pro 3 cameras certainly have what the articles say - I use the white button all the time to change batteries. It sounds like you have an Essential camera since it uses a microUSB port for charging while any non-Essential camera newer than the Pro 2 uses a magnetic connector. This FAQ shows the Essential camera sync/reset button:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062880/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera-Arlo-Secure-4-0

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation