Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 missing recording

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FireCracker32
Follower
Follower

We were robbed last night. I went to sign in to share the recording with the police but the recording was missing. Even weirder, the recording of the police at our house also went missing. I had difficulty signing in and was informed by a pop up box that I had logged in on another device and would be logged out. Essentially, it appears that someone has hacked in and deleted the videos of themselves breaking in. I have changed the password now.

Is there any way to recover these videos?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FireCracker32 wrote:

Is there any way to recover these videos?

You can try support, but I think the answer there is no.

Though it's too late now, you should set up local storage in your hub.  Local recordings can't be deleted from the app (or my.arlo.com).

@FireCracker32 wrote:

Essentially, it appears that someone has hacked in and deleted the videos of themselves breaking in. I have changed the password now.

Assuming that is the cause, then they would also have needed to go through the two factor authentication.  So they must have compromised your email account, and not just Arlo.  

Best to change all your passwords (and certainly you should change the email password as well as the Arlo one).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation