Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 cameras purchased in August 2020 have failed

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jgbutler67
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased three Arlo Pro 3 cameras on August 10, 2020 and had them installed in covered locations (underneath a porch) around my house.  They worked well for about the first two years.  Approximately eight to ten months ago one camera began having charging issues then had connectivity issues - won't connect to wifi and unable to access using the Arlo App.  The second camera started the same issues about four to five months ago and the third camera is showing the same signs currently.  I'd like to think that these cameras which have been mounted underneath a porch and out of direct sunlight and rainfall would and should last longer than three years.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Does anyone have any suggestions about getting them serviced/repaired?  Or do they just have short lifespans?  

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jgbutler67 wrote:

Approximately eight to ten months ago one camera began having charging issues then had connectivity issues - won't connect to wifi 

Maybe we should start by confirming the camera model.  

The Pro 3 only connects to the base station wifi - is that what you meant?

If you are connecting to your home wifi, then you must have a different model.

@jgbutler67 wrote:

Approximately eight to ten months ago one camera began having charging issues then had connectivity issues - won't connect to wifi and unable to access using the Arlo App.  The second camera started the same issues about four to five months ago and the third camera is showing the same signs currently.  I'd like to think that these cameras which have been mounted underneath a porch and out of direct sunlight and rainfall would and should last longer than three years. 

FWIW, my own cameras have lasted longer than that.

Have you tried power-cycling the base?

Another option is to try a factory reset on the cameras and base.  Remove everything from the account, and then onboard everything again.  I'd recommend the hardware factory reset for the cameras (holding down the sync button until you see a flashing amber LED), and not assume that just removing/readding the camera to the account will do it.

jgbutler67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the issue appears to be that the cameras are not connecting to the Arlo base station wifi since we are not able to access the cameras via the Arlo App.

jgbutler67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, one of the cameras is not charging at all.  We normally see a blue flashing light when a camera is charging but on this particular camera there is no light.  I'll follow the steps you recommend and see if that fixes the two cameras that aren't connecting and the one that won't even charge.  Thank you for your response.

jgbutler67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still can't get two of the cameras to work.  One camera won't charge and is not visible in the Arlo App, doesn't appear connected to the hub/base station .  The other shows as connected to the hub/base station in the Arlo App and shows as charging but the video will not turn on.  I have tried disconnecting the power cord to the hub/base station for 30 seconds or more several times, tried pushing the reset button on the hub/base station (hardware # VMB4540r2) several times but get no change in functioning.  I removed the cameras from the Arlo App and was able to find and reconnect to the one that won't show any video, but the other one, the one that wouldn't respond at all previously, is gone and can't find it again.  I've spent about 6 hours on this trying everything without any success.  I think it's time to find another brand of video camera and update my experience with these cameras in Amazon where I made the purchase.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation