Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 (and Pro 2) disconnect internet wifi

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mollydooka
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have recently installed two Pro 3 cameras (bought brand new from Arlo), and hub. They frequently disconnect my internet wifi. Router lights are on, but no wifi, only solution so far is to power off the router by unplugging it, power it back on.

This can happen twice a day, or once every 2 or 3 days, it's sporadic.

I gave my old Pro 2 cameras and hub to my relatives who live next door, they are experiencing the same problem, only worse: keeps on disconnecting their wifi almost as soon as they turn the hub on...

Any solutions?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This kind of issue would seem to be a signal strength/quality issue. Bring one camera closer to the router to see what happens for testing. You may need to reposition the cameras (or router) to get a better signal to all. Your house construction, number of walls, things on/in the walls, other wireless devices causing interference, etc. can all be issues.

As for your relatives, the same things need to be checked. One easy thing to try is to move the base away from the router as much as practical to see if that helps.

mollydooka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much for the suggestions. Mine (Pro 3) seems to have settled down, and I haven't changed anything.

I suggested to my son-in-law a few days ago to locate the Pro 2 hub as far away from the router as possible, but he hasn't done it yet...

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation