Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 & Arlo Home Security System/Whole Home Protection

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tboulinder
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have the Arlo Pro 3 security camera system with a different security system that monitors my doors, windows, etc. for whole home protection.  I'm wanting replace my current home security system with the Arlo Home Security System for my whole home protection.  Will my Arlo Pro 3 security camera system work with the Arlo Home Security System?  

I read the following on the FAQ's for the Arlo Home Security System:  

"All Arlo cameras and doorbells work seamlessly with your Arlo Home Security System through the Arlo Secure App. Arlo SecureLink enabled cameras, such as the Arlo Pro 5S 2K, can directly connect to the Keypad Sensor Hub for easy setup."

Does that mean that I would need to arm each system (Pro 3 & Home Security System) individually?

Will arming these systems have to be done on the app or can they both be armed on the keypad?

Also I currently have the Secure Multi-Camera subscription for my Arlo Pro 3, if I add the Arlo Home Security System, do I have to purchase/subscribe to a different plan such as the Arlo Professional Monitoring plan?  If I choose NOT to purchase the Professional Monitoring plan, what services will I have with the new Arlo Home Security System?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the Pro 3 works with the security system as before. The Pro 5 can connect directly to the security hub while the Pro 3 needs to continue to be connected to your existing hub.

Arming the security system and cameras will operate pretty much as before. I say pretty much because you may be using the old user interface (UI) that uses Library to view videos. Installing the security system will migrate you to the new UI that uses Feed for videos and this migration will be significantly different although the underlying operations are essentially the same.

You will be able to change modes through the app including scheduling and geofencing as well as via the security hub's keypad.

Finally, you will  need to cancel your existing subscription and subscribe to one of the new Arlo Secure plans.

Tboulinder
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for responding @jguerdat.  However I have one remaining question that wasn’t completely answered, probably because of the way I posed the question…it has to do with the professional monitoring plan subscription. I read in the FAQ’s the following comes with the paid subscription:  “Arlo Professional Monitoring includes features such as One Tap Direct Dispatch, 24/7 Live Security Experts, Video Verification & Escalation,1 and Cellular and Battery Backup.”. My question is this, if I don’t purchase the professional monitoring subscription, exactly what services  will the system provide on its own?  I live in a very rural area and law enforcement/fire dept/EMS are probably not going to make it to my residence in a timely fashion, so I don’t really need my system professionally monitored, I just need the system to notify me so I can act accordingly.  Will the system notify me through the app if something breaches one of the sensors at my residence?  Thanks again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In your case, just purchase one of the other 2 plans (Arlo Secure and Arlo Secure Plus). You'll get all notifications that you've enabled as well as the cloud recordings. Basically, nothing changes since you already have a plan and the security system will work with that plan, just minus the extra remote contacts. You would just call for emergencies as you already have to do.

Tboulinder
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you and have a great day. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation