Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 - Want to use WITHOUT subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
WayneN
Follower
Follower

Want to use WITHOUT subscription.  Batteries fully charged.  Activity zones created and saved.  

Get this message

Activity Zones are currently disabled.

AC power has been disconnected from this device. Please reconnect the power source to the device. 

Thought security system works on battery also.  

Wayne

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WayneN wrote:

Want to use WITHOUT subscription.  Batteries fully charged.  Activity zones created and saved.  

Activity Zones are currently disabled.

AC power has been disconnected from this device. Please reconnect the power source to the device. 

The Pro 3 does have hardware for activity zone processing, but that is only enabled if the camera is connected to AC power.

Activity zones when on battery (or solar) power are processed in the cloud, and require an Arlo Secure subscription.  

Makechai
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you figured out how to do this WITHOUT a subscription. I do not want to use the cloud. I've been trying to keep my recording on my Arlo Base as well. But the recordings go back and forth between Cloud and Base. It's very fustrating to the point I may just sell ALL my seven cameras. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Makechai wrote:

Have you figured out how to do this WITHOUT a subscription. I do not want to use the cloud. I've been trying to keep my recording on my Arlo Base as well. But the recordings go back and forth between Cloud and Base. It's very fustrating to the point I may just sell ALL my seven cameras. 

What cameras do you have?

Currently sold cameras don't record anything to the cloud unless you have a subscription.  But Legacy cameras were sold with 7 days of free cloud recording, and there is no way to turn that off.

Makechai
Aspirant
Aspirant
Pro 4 and ultra. Now that the free trial subscription is over, it is using the base to store data. Thanks. Just wish the zones would work without a subscription.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation