Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Notifications

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I live in a rural area and do not get a lot of activity.

However, even though I am very happy with the system I noticed something.  I have a fron and back camera.  As a test, I walked around the house starting at the back.

I received a notification on my iPhone 12 that motion was detected on the back camera.

I walked past the front camera and did not get a notification.  I only received the one from the back camera.

I then did the opposite and started at the front camera and received that notification, but nothing when I walked past the back camera.

So, system works, cameras set to Notify.

Should I get a notification from both cameras as I went by them?  Why only a notification on the first camera that detected motion and not the second one?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Wally

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Stephen,

Got it figured out, it's a system reaction time thing and it is perfectly OK now that I understand it.

Just did another test.  Walked past the rear camera, got a notification.  Only takes a few seconds to walk around to the front camera and did not get a notification.   This time I waiting a bit then walked past the front again and got the notification.  By the time I got back to the back camera, I got the notification.  Just takes a finite amount of time for everything to filter through.

I do get email notifications also, but I have regular email silenced on the phone and did an IOS email to text thing so get a text notification also and that takes a couple minutes to filter through.

Thanks for taking the time to respond but I think we can close this out.

Wally

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you get two recordings when you did that test?  Or only one?

How far away were you from the cameras?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes, I do get the recordings perfectly, whether I walk front to back or back to front cameras.  Two recordings on each pass.  No issue with the recordings.  I am probably 8-10 feet away from both cameras.  So, the motion is definitely being picked up, but only one notification.

I have gone over all the setting I could find and cannot figure it out.

Wally

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

Two recordings on each pass.  No issue with the recordings.  I am probably 8-10 feet away from both cameras.  So, the motion is definitely being picked up, but only one notification.

Try adding in email notifications, and see if you get both emails.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Stephen,

Got it figured out, it's a system reaction time thing and it is perfectly OK now that I understand it.

Just did another test.  Walked past the rear camera, got a notification.  Only takes a few seconds to walk around to the front camera and did not get a notification.   This time I waiting a bit then walked past the front again and got the notification.  By the time I got back to the back camera, I got the notification.  Just takes a finite amount of time for everything to filter through.

I do get email notifications also, but I have regular email silenced on the phone and did an IOS email to text thing so get a text notification also and that takes a couple minutes to filter through.

Thanks for taking the time to respond but I think we can close this out.

Wally

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation