Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Base Station keeps going off-line and can't see recordings for this month

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Harder95
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have had system for 1 1/2 years.  I use the local recording setup.  Recently moved into new townhouse.  Setup the camera system in late Sept (2021) and haven't had a problem until this week.  The mobile app says basestation is off line.  Base station LED is blue.   App says to make sure USB port is plugged in.  I have restarted the base station, unplugged/replugged the base station and external HDD.  It only seems to address the issue temporarily.  What's next?  I would really like to speak to someone about this.  The Cameras are detecting things, I get the alert on my phone, I just cannot see the recordings anymore.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

Harder95
Aspirant
Aspirant

No - I haven't re-booted, as its not always smooth setting up the port enabling.  I may try that today if I'm feeling adventurous.  So far I'm back and running for 3 days (11/11-13).  the 1st thru the 10th are all gone though.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rebooting the phone has nothing to do with the port forwarding - that's all for the base/hub. To make it easier to not have to redo that setup, set the DHCP server in your router to always assign the same IP address to the base so that doesn't ever change.

Harder95
Aspirant
Aspirant

My IP Address is static.  So far its operating as it should since the 11th.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation