Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 3 - unknown icon showing on app

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KiwiLinz49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can anyone tell what the little red con is, that has recently appeared in the Settings page of my Arlo 3 app? It appears just below Base Station name. It is not the USB icon. I am having trouble with the base station connecting to the app (which is on my cellphone). See photo below. Happy New Year everyone.

IMG_1756.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KiwiLinz49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there.  On my cellphone, I inserted a pen drive, which turned the USB icon to white, then clicked on "Safely remove device" (something like that), which made the USB icon disappear altogether. The USB icon still shows as red on the PC platform. - but everything is now working fine, so I'm confused. Thanks for your help anyway. Happy New Year. Samsung OS is A715FXXS7BUJ1  (October 2021)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It certainly is the USB icon. You don't mention which base or hub it is but I would check the local storage settings for the hub/base. I would guess that the drive is either having issues or is full for the red color. Try removing it and/or formatting it.

This may also be a symptom of the initial problem. It could be a faulty base/hub but it's also possible that a system reset (remove all devices and start fresh) may fix things up.

KiwiLinz49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. Thanks for your input. I didn't think it was the USB, simply because I've never had a pen drive plugged in there, in all the time I've had the system. So I plugged one in, and the icon changed from RED to WHITE. However, the problem still exists. The base station still won't connect. The app (on my cell) doesn't display the "MODE" option, meaning I can't  turn the cameras on or off. The only way to get the "MODE" option is to log out, and then log in again. It then gives me "MODE", and as soon as I go to any other option ("DEVICES" or "LIBRARY"), the "MODE" option disappears again. My Base Station is a VMB4500r2. Any ideas would be gratefully received. Many thanks.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone model?

Does it behave correctly when you log into my.arlo.com on a PC?

KiwiLinz49
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the app on a Samsung A71. It's always worked fine up until this issue arose last week (the Base Station not connecting to the app, and the USB icon showing in red).

Since I plugged in the pen drive, the Base Station now does connect with the app, but it takes quite a while to do so - anything up to 45 seconds or more.

When I access the system via my.arlo.com on my PC , it works fine. So, I'm guessing a connection issues somewhere between my phone and the Base Station? Maybe a complete reset would fix it?

Many thanks for your help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just out of curiosity, does the USB drive issue show on the PC? Do you see the same issues with the drive installed vs. not?

What OS version is the phone?

KiwiLinz49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there.  On my cellphone, I inserted a pen drive, which turned the USB icon to white, then clicked on "Safely remove device" (something like that), which made the USB icon disappear altogether. The USB icon still shows as red on the PC platform. - but everything is now working fine, so I'm confused. Thanks for your help anyway. Happy New Year. Samsung OS is A715FXXS7BUJ1  (October 2021)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KiwiLinz49 wrote:

Samsung OS is A715FXXS7BUJ1  (October 2021)

In other words Android 11.

KiwiLinz49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation