Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 3 not connecting

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mook08
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi guys

My camera ran out of battery and the solar panel couldnt up with activity we had over a few days so it was flat as a pancake.

After charging , it wasnt connecting to the live view or to change video settings.

So I did a hard reset. The app found my camera fine on set up but couldnt get through the positioning stage of the camera as it wont link to a live view.

So I skipped this step and and going round in circles, I can see the camera on the App, see its details etc but no live view. I am getting motion notifications but no video. Even tried a manual install and same issue.

When I do go to a live view it is remembering its last position but in a frozen state, which is even after I performed a hard reset and forgetting the device?

The bandwidth is strong as I have 2 other cameras further away, with no issues although my flood light had the same problem but after the 10th time resetting and starting again it worked.

I feel like this is a bug? Any help?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the install isn't complete, the camera won't work properly. Is there a red "!" on the camera thumbnail or in its settings? Try clicking on that to see if the install will complete. If not, remove and reset the camera properly to see if you can make it onboard completely. Try this FAQ (note the link near the top for somewhat different directions depending on which user interface you're using):

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Mook08
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply @jguerdat 

No red exclamation mark as the App thinks its installed correctly, but obviously its not. 

I am in a loop of trying factory resets, rebooting the hub only to get to stuck on the positioning the camera stage as the camera will not connect. I can skip this by clicking finished but same issue of no live feed but can access the camera as a device.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it could just be a faulty camera, use the app to go to Settings, Support. Select the camera and scroll down to Contacts to start the process for a possible RMA.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation