Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

how do I get my AP3 to shine a constant light for 10 seconds again

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Pierreb77
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo pro 3 floodlight was working the way I set it up just until a few weeks ago. My AP3 floodlight is part of a few modes in our home. Armed , siren alarm and safe mode. Of course in armed and siren alarm it is set to react to motion light up and record if anyone ventured in to our activity areas. That works fine! But in safe mode the doorbell and AP3 are the only two cameras functioning in this setting. Safe mode is the issue. I’m safe mode the doorbell is set up to react to anyone entering our activity zone and record. But the AP3 Floodloght is only supposed to turn on the light        ( constant ) for 10 seconds at a time if motion is detected. Now what is happening is that the AP3 has the light pulsating in an unusual way - it’s not even pulsating like normally. My issue how to I get my AP3 to shine a constant light for 10 seconds again. And Yes - I’ve rebooted , uninstalled - reinstalled countless times - help someone ….

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pierreb77,

It sounds like you need to adjust the light settings. Take a look at information in the following article: https://kb.arlo.com/000062390/How-do-I-adjust-the-light-settings-on-my-Arlo-Pro-3-Floodlight-Camera

JamesC

Pierreb77
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC is it, pal I’ve done all of that. You have to understand it was working for a year like that with no problem and just like that something happened. Now it’s not working how it’s supposed with the correct settings in place. Hit me with your best shot one more time?!

Pierreb77
Tutor
Tutor

an update is necessary 1000%

GuiPoM
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

I am experiencing this issue for at least a month now.
I submitted an incident to Arlo on June 4th. Which is still being investigated.  We even did not reach a point where the issue has been understood and taken into account by Arlo and I keep asking their twitter account to have someone answering my own message where I provide the information they asked.

I reset the device, changed some settings as requested, the problème is still the same: the light can't stay on (as a light !) it switches between light and IR every 2/3 seconds and as a bad motion detection.

This issue appeared right after the firmware update: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Pro-3-Floodlight-FB1001-1-080-27-0-25-82bc...

They cannot rollback my device to its previous firmware.
I have currently no clue that they have identified a fix and are working on it.

So I can conclude that Arlo killed my Floodlight, for the last month it is useless and disabled, which is a huge security concern for me.

speedf1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think I have the same issue.  Floodlight was working fine until recently.  Now, when motion is detected, the light doesn’t stay on for more than about a second.  Adjusting the time on the trigger has no effect.

Any update on fixing this?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the camera if connected via WiFi or the hub if so connected? Have you reinserted the camera battery to get back to a known condition?

speedf1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’ve tried all of those things.  No change.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then remove the camera from your account and reset the camera as follows before adding it back:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

If still no good, use Settings, Support (Center) to select the camera model and start talking to official support.

GuiPoM
Apprentice
Apprentice

Doing a reset will not help, I tried, you will have to recreate all your settings associated to this camera, it can be painful.

More than 4 weeks after submitting an incident, the support team seems not to understand my issue, so we are far from a fix. 
But even if it is currently painful to interact with the support team that asks questions and follow procedures that are meaningless in this situation, I would recommend everyone to open an incident and put pressure on the team so that they understand their last firmware is faulty and at least on some devices causes the floodlight not to be able to be used as a light any longuer. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation