Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Using hub with Arlo floodlight camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Micky5050
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I have got two Arlo floodlight cameras and a doorbell. Currently they connect directly to my Wi-Fi router. 

I wanted to ask if adding a hub would provide any benefits in terms of connectivity, speed of notifications etc 

thank you

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Micky5050 wrote:

I wanted to ask if adding a hub would provide any benefits in terms of connectivity, speed of notifications etc 

The main benefit is local storage. 

In some cases it might be easier to connect the camera to a smarthub than it is to connect to the wifi network.  For instance onboarding Arlo cameras to  Eero mesh systems seems to have a lot of friction.

Micky5050
Initiate
Initiate

Right now my front and back cameras are connecting to different wifi extenders because of the distance from the main router. How good is the hub range? Will it cover an entire house? 

Let’s say I cancel my Arlo secure subscription. what is the process of viewing images stored in the hub remotely? 

Thank you 😊 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Micky5050 wrote:

How good is the hub range? Will it cover an entire house? 

Although the wifi is closed, it is still wifi, and compliant with the regulatory power limits.  The range is about the same as a normal standalone router. 

If you can't connect w/o extenders now, you should assume you'd need more than one base.

@Micky5050 wrote:

Let’s say I cancel my Arlo secure subscription. what is the process of viewing images stored in the hub remotely? 

Look at the end of these two articles:

There are two methods, because Arlo is slowly rolling out a new UI - the bottom article is for the new one, which we will eventually be using.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation