Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Using 2 Solar panels for Arlo floodlight 3

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Wice22888
Tutor
Tutor

No Arlo solar panel can charge this camera as should, have to recharge it every 2-3 weeks. 

I’m thinking to get a bigger solar panel, connecting it to power bank with pass trough, and connecting power bank to Camera, but I’d really love to use some nature solution from Arlo, is there any adapter maybe allowing to use few native Arlo solar panels ? 

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is connecting it to mains power something that is practical?

FWIW, my own floodlight doesn't need to be recharged nearly that often.  How much video streaming/recording is the camera doing?  How often is the floodlight on?

Wice22888
Tutor
Tutor

Connecting to an ordinary power source would help but that would involve drilling the main wall and as result of hours of work etc.

It's in the back garden and works 1-2 times a day time, and 2-3 times night/evening with light, if we go there with our Frenchie or take out the garbage etc. So light is on till we are there, could be 5-10 minutes

But Arlo Solar panels All the time are showing that “Device is not compatible” or “It's too cold to charge” :), never really seen pushing power for more than 1%, I was thinking panel is faulty and replaced but the same happening with the other one, and it’s VMA5600B, suppose to be compatible….

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Wice22888
Tutor
Tutor

I'm not sure if this is a support issue, there is a huge power consuming devise and tiny solar panel claimed as a compatible with the device. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I use a solar panel with my floodlight with no problems except in winter when the battery can't be charged due to temps below freezing and/or not enough sunlight.

Wice22888
Tutor
Tutor

Nice to hear that, I’m in Ireland and we have no freezing weather here, except unusual week or two this year, I replaced Solar panel twice and Camera too, and issue remains… So difficult to say why u guys are fine with ur ones… 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation