Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unhappy with Arlo camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Cindy101
Follower
Follower

There have been several times that we have had something happen or stolen from our front yard (where we have the Arlo camera set up, yes it’s facing where it needs to be and yes we’ve troubleshoot it several times) and it happen to miss or malfunctioned and not recorded important events, it’s unreliable, it does not record as it should, the battery drains so fast maybe due to catching so many cars but when a person needs to be recorded it does not record that. It’s frustrating and if I would have known or read a review like this I would have never purchased it. I do not suggest you buy this camera. This camera is worthless. I cannot get through to a human being to speak about gettin g a refund unless I subscribe to them?? If I would have known that I would have never wasted my time with this brand or product. 

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Camera placement and positioning is important for reliability, catching vehicles going past is a waste of battery, point the camera more downwards to eliminate road traffic.

Distance from camera to base is important especially through brick or concrete walls etc. low signal strength will increase battery drain. Consider using external power on the camera to keep up the battery capacity.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Cindy101 

Are you still experiencing this?

Thanks 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation