Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solution for missing/damaged floodlight wall plate/mounting plate

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
joseph48
Follower
Follower

Thought I would post this for anyone facing similar issues, since I saw that many of the other threads on this topic have been closed.

I purchased my Pro 3 Floodlight secondhand and the original owner had lost the wall plate (first image below) as well as the base of the screw shell (circled in red in second image) that mounts onto the wall plate.

Arlo_Floodlight_wall anchors_r1_.png

Arlo_floodlight_attach_to_plate_r2_.png

I did some research and quickly realized that quite a few other people have had issues with replacing damaged/missing wall plate/mounting components for the Pro 3 Floodlight since Arlo does not offer any replacement parts for sale, nor do they sell the mount as a standalone item.

I was able to buy the following two RAM mounting components from Amazon which have worked fairly well to mount the camera to my garage. I paid around $35 (CAD) total for both pieces on Amazon.

1) RAM Double Socket Arm - B Size Short 

https://rammount.com/products/ram-b-201u-a 

01-29-23_01_56_RAM-B-201U-A_1_1440x.jpg

2) RAM Composite Round Plate with Ball - B Size

https://rammount.com/products/rap-b-202u 

06-09-23_11_04_RAP-B-202U_1_1440x.jpg

Note that you will likely need a socket with an extension in order to remove the nut in the plastic camera housing which secures the rubber ball's bolt to the camera housing.

The only snag I encountered is that the RAM B Size components use a 1" diameter ball, while the rubbery ball that secures to the floodlight plastic camera housing is slightly larger than 1" in diameter. The next size up that RAM offers are the C size components, which are for 1.5" balls, which is much larger than the Arlo camera's ball, so the B size is the closest match. 

That being said, it still works fine, though it's fits a little awkwardly. I've included photos of my floodlight below for reference.

Screenshot_20240204-080537_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240204-080541_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240204-080553_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240204-080635_Gallery.jpg

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation