Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solar Panel charge for Pro 3 Floodlight

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nipun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have purchased Arlo’s Solar Panel Charger for my Arlo Floodlight Pro 3 Camera. However, the camera is not charging. 

Can someone help me?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried cleaning both sides of the connection as well as reconnecting it multiple times? Is it safe to assume the panel gets direct sunlight? What do you see on the battery icon in the app?

https://kb.arlo.com/000038930/What-do-the-Arlo-camera-battery-level-icons-and-notifications-mean

Nipun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for coming back to me. 
I tried to clean the charging pins as per your suggestion but no joy. 
I can confirm the solar panels are directly facing sunlight. 
I also tried another Solar Panel on Pro 3 camera but it doesn’t work on that too. 
I have got two other panels one charging Pro3 camera and another one charging another flood light camera and they work all fine. So it’s a very strange one really. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure the floodlight is fully seated in the case so the external contacts are making with the internal ones. If you eject the camera and push it back in, it will click when fully seated. You may need to use both thumbs on the edges of the camera face to get this to happen.

If that's not the issue, does the indoor charger work properly? That could help define if it's a faulty camera. In that case, use Settings, Support (Center) to select the camera model and get official support contact info.

Nipun
Aspirant
Aspirant

The floodlight is fully seated in the case. Also the cameras are charging with a wall-plug indoor chargers just not with the solar panels. 

I have 4 Cameras in total. I bought two solar panels (from Arlo Amazon shop) first and installed with Pro 3 and Floodlight camera - both work ok! I bought another two solar panels from place and now both of these Solar Panels won't charge both the cameras. 

The only bit is that I have not fixed the 2 new Solar Panels to the wall with the bracket yet. However I have made sure they are facing the sunlight and are connected to the cameras. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried connecting the camera to one of the working panels as well as the new panels to the cameras that are charging?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation