Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Question about 25-ft. Outdoor Magnetic Charging Cable with the Pro 3 Floodlight

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gordon391
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Brand new Pro 3 Floodlight users, who live in Illinois. We also bought both the solar panel charger and the 25-ft. Outdoor Magnetic Charging Cable. We quickly realized that the solar charger will not charge the device below 32 degrees F (which we experience a lot  here).

My question is about the 25-ft. Outdoor Magnetic Charging Cable: If we connect that to the Floodlight Camera instead of the solar charger, will that be the functional equivalent of full-time power to the device (similar to a hard-wired AC connection), or will we still see the battery level degrade and be forced to periodically bring the camera inside to recharge?

We'd prefer not to bring it inside at all, of course (it's mounted pretty high), but didn't want to invest the time to install the 25-ft. Outdoor Magnetic Charging Cable if there's no comparative benefit.

Thanks very much for any and all assistance.

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gordon391 wrote:

My question is about the 25-ft. Outdoor Magnetic Charging Cable: If we connect that to the Floodlight Camera instead of the solar charger, will that be the functional equivalent of full-time power to the device (similar to a hard-wired AC connection), or will we still see the battery level degrade and be forced to periodically bring the camera inside to recharge?

Although the picture doesn't show it, the cable has a fully integrated charger (not detachable) that plugs into an outlet.

It provides full power, so it is the same as a hard-wired connection.  In addition to not needing to charge the battery at all, the floodlight will be brighter (3000 lumens, instead of the usual 2000).

RalphYoung
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. I have 4 Pro 3 floodlight cameras. I installed electrical outlets close to each camera and use the magnetic charging cables. They all keep the batteries fully charged all the time, when the flood lights are on a lot, in snow and stormy conditions.  The only problem I had was at first I found after market charging cables on Amazon for a lot cheaper, they didn't work very well, it was worth the $50 per cable for the Arlo ones because they work very well.

Ralph Young

RalphYoung
Tutor
Tutor

I found with ours that the Flood Lights were actually too bright. They light up far more than the 25 feet like full daylight. The problem with that was the cameras can not see into the dark past where the lights light up. By turning down the lights just a little we can also see into the dark past where the lights light up.

Ralph

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation