Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro3 Floodlight won’t connect to google mesh

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Maryrose1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I want to connect my spotlight to my Google mesh to improve the Wi-Fi range. I have tried connecting solely to the 2.4 GHz channel but the signal is too weak for where I need the camera positioned.
1. can google mesh be used with pro 3?

2. If not, how can I improve signal strength apart from moving the camera closer to the router? 
3. will an arlo base station help with signal strength or is it only for local storage of recordings? 
thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Maryrose1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen.  I've followed your instructions re network name and password conventions, repositioned one of my Nest nodes in a better spot, and reconnected all my devices to the Google Nest Mesh Wifi and everything is working well now.  Really appreciate your advice - problem solved!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Maryrose1 wrote:

1. can google mesh be used with pro 3?

I don't have a google mesh, I use Orbi myself.

Google Mesh should work with the Pro 3 Floodlight, which can connect to home wifi. The normal Pro 3 requires a base station.

You will need to use WPA2 (AES) wifi security.  Network names and passwords with special characters/punctuation can be problems, so best to change them before trying this.

@Maryrose1 wrote:

3. will an arlo base station help with signal strength

No, it's range is similar to a router or access point.

@Maryrose1 wrote:

Hi

I want to connect my spotlight to my Google mesh to improve the Wi-Fi range. I have tried connecting solely to the 2.4 GHz channel but the signal is too weak for where I need the camera positioned.

If the google mesh wifi isn't strong enough at the camera position, then you will need to put a mesh element closer to the camera.

Maryrose1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen.  I've followed your instructions re network name and password conventions, repositioned one of my Nest nodes in a better spot, and reconnected all my devices to the Google Nest Mesh Wifi and everything is working well now.  Really appreciate your advice - problem solved!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation