Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 Floodlights Offline

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AB23
Star
Star

Hello,

I have two Pro 3 floodlights. Both went offline at exactly the same time about an hour ago. There have been no power outages or anything else, and both have fresh batteries. 

Has anyone else had this happen?

6 REPLIES 6
AB23
Star
Star

A little bit of additional information - the floodlight cameras are just clicking every few seconds with the batteries installed. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems odd. Have you tried reinserting the batteries to see if that helps?

AB23
Star
Star

This is where it gets complicated. 

I removed the batteries yesterday without any success in reconnecting.

Then, I did a factory reset of one floodlight. That resulted in *both* floodlights reconnecting.

This morning, both floodlights were again offline. I removed the battery from one, and it reconnected - and the battery has also drained from 80% to 20% overnight (I noticed this morning that the red IR lights were permanently illuminated prior to doing the battery cycle). The other floodlight is still offline.

Both cameras are perfectly functional - when they're online. As best I can tell, there are no mechanical/physical issues with them, or with the batteries. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How close are the cameras to each other? Too close can cause interference, leading to such problems.

The IR LEDs shouldn't be lit all the time so that suggests a hardware failure. That could explain the battery drain although that could also be due to a poor connection between your camera(s) and your router or hub, depending on how they're connected. If you bring one closer to your router/hub, does it work better?

AB23
Star
Star

The cameras are at least 50' from each other, and 30+ feet from any other sources of interference. 

I managed to get them working again. They've worked for the last 2 days, but now one just went offline again.

They're approximately two years old. I don't intend to spend more money replacing them - the lights are great when they work, but they've been highly unreliable since purchase, and have become more so since their last firmware update a few months ago. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does the camera happen to go offline if you leave it a few feet from the base station? 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation