Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 Floodlight Camera - compatibility with early Arlo systems

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jtweddle
Follower
Follower

In 2018, I installed an Arlo system of three cameras and the base station, as shown.  I am not sure which model it is.

Will a Pro 3 Floodlight Camera be compatible with this installation??

jtweddle_0-1674781737013.png

Thank you for your assistance.

Jim 

Perth, Australia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jtweddle wrote:

In 2018, I installed an Arlo system of three cameras and the base station, as shown.  I am not sure which model it is.

Look at the base - there is a label on it that starts with VMB.  That will tell you the model number.

FWIW, if you open the camera housing and remove the battery(s) then you will also find the camera model.  You should do that, given that the EOL announcement.

The Pro (and original Arlo camera) loses free cloud storage on 1 April 2023, the Pro 2 loses it on 1 January 2024.

Base compatibility can be found here:

The floodlight can be connected directly to your home wifi (w/o a base), so you can use it even if it is not compatible with your base.  You will need a subscription for cloud storage after the trial ends (and all Arlo cameras will need a subscription for cloud storage once the EOL kicks in).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jtweddle wrote:

Look at the base - there is a label on it that starts with VMB.  That will tell you the model number.

FWIW, if you open the camera housing and remove the battery(s) then you will also find the camera model.  You should do that, given that the EOL announcement.

The Pro (and original Arlo camera) loses free cloud storage on 1 April 2023, the Pro 2 loses it on 1 January 2024.

Base compatibility can be found here:

The floodlight can be connected directly to your home wifi (w/o a base), so you can use it even if it is not compatible with your base.  You will need a subscription for cloud storage after the trial ends (and all Arlo cameras will need a subscription for cloud storage once the EOL kicks in).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation