Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Arlo Pro 3 FloodLight will not Stay Connected to my 4540 Hub the Other 5 Cameras work fine!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JohnBtock0707
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro 3 FloodLight will not stay connected! My WiFi is Fast over 800Mbps & I have 5 other Cameras! I have Factory Reset this Pro 3 FloodLight 3 times! I have moved it closer to the Super Fast WiFi! I have the VMB4540  Hub paired to all 6 of my Cameras! It's not even 20 feet from the WiFi Router! I have 3 Cameras that are further away than this FloodLight! I have another FloodLight that has never given me a Problem! I have 3 Arlo Pro 3 Cameras and a Arlo Essential Wireless Doorbell! And 2 Pro 2 FloodLights and I have Checked for Firmware Updates! I am really Frustrated with this One Pro 3 FloodLight! I don't know what else to do! Any Suggestions! The 3 times that I have Removed the Device and Factory Reset the Camera Then set it back up with the App! It sets up so fast and easy! My VMB4540 Hub Finds the Camera and Sets the Camera up with the App right away and really fast and easy! After a day or 2 it looses connection again! Any Suggestions on what I could try? I have never tried to Connect the Pro 3 FloodLight Directly to the WiFi and not using the VMB4540r2 Hub! I really want to go through the Hub like my other 5 Cameras! Any Ideas or Suggestions! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JohnBtock0707 wrote:

My Arlo Pro 3 FloodLight will not stay connected! My WiFi is Fast over 800Mbps & I have 5 other Cameras! I have Factory Reset this Pro 3 FloodLight 3 times! I have moved it closer to the Super Fast WiFi! I have the VMB4540  Hub paired to all 6 of my Cameras! It's not even 20 feet from the WiFi Router! 

Your wifi speed and the distance to the router aren't relevant, because you are connecting to your VMB4540 smarthub, and not your home wifi.

How far is the floodlight from the smarthub?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JohnBtock0707 wrote:

My Arlo Pro 3 FloodLight will not stay connected! My WiFi is Fast over 800Mbps & I have 5 other Cameras! I have Factory Reset this Pro 3 FloodLight 3 times! I have moved it closer to the Super Fast WiFi! I have the VMB4540  Hub paired to all 6 of my Cameras! It's not even 20 feet from the WiFi Router! 

Your wifi speed and the distance to the router aren't relevant, because you are connecting to your VMB4540 smarthub, and not your home wifi.

How far is the floodlight from the smarthub?

JohnBtock0707
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo Pro 3 FloodLight is about 13 to 15 feet from the Router and 4540 Hub! I have a 2nd Arlo Pro 3 FloodLight at the Back of the House which is much further than the One giving me Trouble! I think I will swap out the two Pro 3 Floodlights and see if the Same Connection Problem Happens!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JohnBtock0707 wrote:

I think I will swap out the two Pro 3 Floodlights and see if the Same Connection Problem Happens!

I agree that is a good next step.

JohnBtock0707
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank You for a Response! I think I will get a longer eithernet cable and move the 4540 Hub Closer to the Camera giving me the Problem!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation