Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multiple notifications for same event

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mat1979
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased 2 x ultra twos and 2 x essential. I’m having problems getting multiple notifications for the same event. This happens on all cameras. My IOS is up to date and so is the firmware on all my cameras. Further to this Arlo claims up to 5min recoding time when there is motion detected however, I haven’t been able to get the motion triggered recoding to record for more than 30sec. This is followed by another alert, multiple notifications and another recording of 10-30 for the same event. I have tried everything to get this to work correctly and given I have 20+ years experience the the audio visual industry the only thing I believe it could be is a fault with their product. It’s so frustrating I’m considering returning the system to where I purchased it and going with another brand. If anyone has any idea how to resolve this problem please let me know. And yes I have already read all the other threads regarding this problem. Thanks in advance 

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mat1979 wrote:

I haven’t been able to get the motion triggered recoding to record for more than 30sec. 

What settings for recording time are you using in the camera rule?

Mat1979
Aspirant
Aspirant

The setting I’m using is record till motion stops. Even if there is still motion it does not record, in most instances more than 30sec. It triggers another event, sends multiple notification and continues to do so till the motion is no longer detected.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mat1979 wrote:

The setting I’m using is record till motion stops. Even if there is still motion it does not record, in most instances more than 30sec. It triggers another event, sends multiple notification and continues to do so till the motion is no longer detected.

Not sure what motion threshold is for deciding that motion has stopped or not.  The decision might be using the passive infrared (PIR) sensor, and not the video.

One (probably obvious) work-around it to use a fixed recording time.

Mat1979
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ll give that a try and let you know how it goes 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation