Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mounting floodlight

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
robsav87
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I purchased this Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera #floodlight and my spouse installed it however not in a good place. I went to disassemble the mount only to realize once it’s in you can’t take it out. There’s also no mount piece that you can purchase. Any ideas or suggestions!

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@robsav87 wrote:

I went to disassemble the mount only to realize once it’s in you can’t take it out. 

You can unscrew it, so I am puzzled by this comment.   See the instructions on page 13 here (for mounting, but you can reverse them).

robsav87
Aspirant
Aspirant

So the screws are hidden within the plastic so it’s not as simple as it sounds 

CCA98531-B0A9-45B6-9385-16F24EA9868A.jpeg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@robsav87 wrote:

So the screws are hidden within the plastic so it’s not as simple as it sounds 

Does that front ring unscrew?

robsav87
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope. When I told arlos help desk they said I’d need to hire an electrician to unfasten their mount from it. I find that rather ridiculous over a $7 part and they should just resell the part. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@robsav87 wrote:

Nope.

There shouldn't be anything blocking the access to the screws (after all, your spouse was able to put them in).

Looking at mine - if the exposed screw is unscrewed as far as it goes (there is a lock washer, so it won't come all the way out), then you should be able to twist the outer ring counterclockwise.  Then pull it off.  It doesn't twist very far.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation