Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to add devices under Mode ? Using the App

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Carlos_101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using the App, the only device I see under Mode is the Bridge. How do I add the other cameras or spotlights to the list? I would have to have distinct schedules for each device.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Carlos_101 wrote:

I have two AL1101r3 devices and they are connected to the Arlo bridge. I would like to have two different schedules for these devices but I only see the Arlo Bridge under Mode.

The principles are the same as for the cameras.

Select the bridge as the device, and create a custom mode that has a rule that enables the first AL1101 and not the second. (in other words, you only have a rule for the first AL1101).

Then create a second custom mode that enables only the second AL1101.

Then you can enable both lights with Armed, neither light with Disarmed, and either light with one of the two custom modes - so you have all possible combinations covered.

Then create the schedule that uses those four modes.  During the timespans when you want neither light enabled, schedule disarmed. During the timespans when you want both enabled, schedule armed.  Similarly during the timespans when you want just one light enabled, schedule the custom mode for that light.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Carlos_101 wrote:

Using the App, the only device I see under Mode is the Bridge.

Do you mean the base/smarthub?  If the cameras are connected to a base, then that is the only device you will see there.

@Carlos_101 wrote:

I would have to have distinct schedules for each device.

You can do that by setting up custom modes.

For example, if you want indoor cameras disabled during the day, you set up a custom mode that only includes rules for the outdoor cameras.  The indoor cameras are automatically disarmed when you select that rule in the app.  (One key aspect here is that a mode always controls all cameras connected to the base - if a rule is missing, then the camera is disarmed).  Let's call that mode "outdoor".

Then set up the schedule.  Another basic principle is that you schedule modes, and not cameras.  So you'd schedule the "outdoor" mode during the day, and the "armed" mode at night.  One gotcha is that you can't schedule across midnight.  So you'd need two entries for "armed" - one ending at 11:59 pm, the other starting at midnight.

Once you get the basic principles, you can set up any schedule you want for individual cameras, by 

1. identifying all the combinations of cameras that you want simultaneously armed
  2. create custom modes for each combination
  3. schedule the modes.

Lots of folks find this confusing - if you like, you can post more details on the schedule you want, and we can help identify the modes and schedule you need.

Carlos_101
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two AL1101r3 devices and they are connected to the Arlo bridge. I would like to have two different schedules for these devices but I only see the Arlo Bridge under Mode.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Carlos_101 wrote:

The principles are the same as for the cameras.

Select the bridge as the device, and create a custom mode that has a rule that enables the first AL1101 and not the second. (in other words, you only have a rule for the first AL1101).

Then create a second custom mode that enables only the second AL1101.

Then you can enable both lights with Armed, neither light with Disarmed, and either light with one of the two custom modes - so you have all possible combinations covered.

Then create the schedule that uses those four modes.  During the timespans when you want neither light enabled, schedule disarmed. During the timespans when you want both enabled, schedule armed.  Similarly during the timespans when you want just one light enabled, schedule the custom mode for that light.

Carlos_101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Accepted Solution

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation