Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
efbman
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • I would like my "light" to say on longer after detection and after recording has stopped. You know, motion detection turns it on, but after no motion the light stays on for a while (based on my "light on" slider). This WITHOUT still recording to save battery. I can't find a solution, but one post I found from a couple years ago said, " After a deep dive through the many posts on this issue, I understand it isn’t possible, and the only “fix” is to lengthen the recording time to x-minutes to keep the light on." I've set the time both in the individual light settings duration and the Mode/Armed settings. Still goes off too quickly. That sucks. Any chance there will ever be a possibility to separate the light function from the record function?
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The floodlight can't be left on after recording is finished without manually doing so. This is at least partly to save the battery (the recording itself isn't a major power drain like the floodlight itself is).

efbman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I know, that is the problem. I believe I should be the judge of if I want to drain my battery or not. In my case, I don't care because it is attached to a solar panel that keeps it charged.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A solar panel won't help much at all since it's a trickle charger that doesn't work at night. Use of the outdoor AC charger would be needed but that doesn't change how the camera operates.

efbman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Huh. Mine have been working fine for a couple of years. They are almost always on a full charge. Again, it should be my choice as an "option". If I don't like it or it drains too fast, I could change it back. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@efbman wrote:

Huh. Mine have been working fine for a couple of years. They are almost always on a full charge. Again, it should be my choice as an "option". If I don't like it or it drains too fast, I could change it back. 

I agree it should be an option. 

It would also be useful for people without a subscription who aren't using local storage.  The light never comes on automatically if it isn't recording, so those folks are stuck with only manually controlling the floodlight.

Fastduramax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo are you listening ??? These lights are great but this is a real problem !!!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you having the same behavior as the previous post? What are you experiencing with your Floodlight?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation