Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Faulty Arlo Pro3 floodlight

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RogS500
Follower
Follower

How do I return my faulty Arlo floodlight. They have not responded to my previous request, that's not good.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RogS500,

For a return or exchange I encourage you to reach out to the original place of purchase. If you would like to investigate further, please contact Arlo Support using the mobile app under Settings > Support.

Alternatively, you can detail the symptoms you're experiencing with your floodlight here on the community, we may be able to help.

JamesC

limnakhau
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine are starting to miss huge segments of activity. Misses large chunks before starts recording (I get this happens with battery cameras - they are plugged in but the missing footage is starting to get ridiculous). Or they will just stop recording in the middle like after 5-10 seconds when people are still clearly walking and moving in the frame. I’m way deep in the ecosystem - 8 cameras, doorbell and security hub. Pay for subscription. Not sure if my only options is to pay for continuous recording in 2-3 locations that I can’t afford to miss footage. Or hardwire a separate system for these locations and store locally, using Arlo just for notifications. Both of which seems like a waste. My pro 4s seem to still work well.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just because people are moving about doesn't mean the camera can detect that. Remember that people detection maxs out at ~25 feet (at best) and the upper third of the camera view generally can't be used for detection. The usual suggestion is to use a timed recording rather than "until motion stops". Increasing motion sensitivity in your modes and rules may be useful if it doesn't lead to false triggers. The extreme wide angle view of the recent cameras makes it harder to adjust the camera's view so you get what you need while minimizing false triggers.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation