Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Delayed notifications

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lltc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am receiving Smart Notifications hours after the event. This is not good. It's been happening for a few weeks. Not sure why.

Basically a useless security system especially at night.

Please advise.

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lltc wrote:

I am receiving Smart Notifications hours after the event. This is not good. It's been happening for a few weeks. Not sure why.

Have you done anything to try and resolve it?

Personally the first thing I'd do is restart the phone.

If that doesn't help, I'd reboot everything else.  Do this powering down the base (if you use one), and your router (and modem if you have one).  Plus any other equipment needed to get wifi to the camera.  Take the battery out of the floodlight. 

Then power up the network first, and after you get internet connectivity then the base (if you have one).  Then put the battery back in the camera.

lltc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've done restarts of phone, hub, camera. Nothing seems to make a difference. I do believe it's only the floodlight that is being affected. The wireless doorbell near it is alerting without delay.

Last night I got alerted at 11pm of a person, but it was a delayed alert that occurred at 5pm.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lltc wrote:

I've done restarts of phone, hub, camera. Nothing seems to make a difference. I do believe it's only the floodlight that is being affected. The wireless doorbell near it is alerting without delay.

Last night I got alerted at 11pm of a person, but it was a delayed alert that occurred at 5pm.

Might be worth also rebooting the router.

Are you seeing any signal quality issues with the floodlight?  (livestreaming timing out, artifacts in the recordings, etc)?

lltc
Aspirant
Aspirant

When the delayed alert comes through, that recording timestamp is also kept at the wrong time.

Ie: Even though recording is clearly day time and occurred at 5pm, the timestamp on the recording is also 11pm.

No other issues have been noticed.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are currently looking into this. We will provide an update as soon as possible. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this same behavior?

lltc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, still happens frequently. Your last message was that you were looking into it and would provide an update. What's the update?

lltc
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is now so much of an issue that I'm no longer happy with Arlo services and will be looking at alternative options. Multiple important notifications were not received recently so it's having a negative impact for the purpose of having these security cameras.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation