Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Automatic Factory Reset

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ajaigovindg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera set up since last 3-4 months. I recently changed my WiFi provider and yesterday had to reconfigure the device on the app. I did all that and climbed the ladder to set it up. All good. Today I got a notification that it has been factory reset and the device got removed from the app along with all history! 

I did not do any reset after setting up the new WiFi connection. I tried every troubleshooting tip. I was reading in the forums and saw many threads related to similar issue on Pro 4. So it looks like an Arlo issue. I have the device connected to an Arlo solar panel.

When can I expect Arlo to provide any resolution, as its clearly something to do with the device as so many have the issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ajaigovindg wrote:

I have the device connected to an Arlo solar panel.

Others using the panel have reported this too.

For now, I suggest disconnecting the panel.  Then try reconnecting it after the camera gets the next firmware update.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ajaigovindg wrote:

I have the device connected to an Arlo solar panel.

Others using the panel have reported this too.

For now, I suggest disconnecting the panel.  Then try reconnecting it after the camera gets the next firmware update.

ajaigovindg
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB The problem is the app does not seem to detect the camera now

I tried all troubleshooting steps, tried logging out, reinstalling, removing the battery and putting it in again and everything I could think of. And to think I just started the subscription last month!

Any tips on what else I should try?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ajaigovindg wrote:

Any tips on what else I should try?

Try a reset

1. remove the camera from the account
  2. hold down the sync button inside until the LED blinks amber (about 15 seconds)
  3. add the camera back to your account
ajaigovindg
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB 

Yay. That worked. Camera is fully charged and set up now. Thank You! 

Will wait for the firmware update before connecting the solar panel. Hopefully battery stays for couple of days as the purpose of getting the solar panel was to ensure continuous operation. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation