Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo floodlight offline every night at 3am

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Davidlee9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Every morning I open my app to find the floodlight in offline mode. I have to re enable it.   

im using a geo fence mode that triggers a new custom armed mode and a schedule when at home to arm at night. 

the custom armed mode was instructed by arlo because the default one only has my flood light and one camera as devices whereas I have another camera and even a doorbell chime that never gets listed.  

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? Does the camera appear offline on the web portal as well?

Davidlee9
Aspirant
Aspirant

ios app version is 4.0.2
I will check the web portal when it happens again.  What is interesting is i just arrived back home and now the floodlight is turning off at 1AM PT.  Where as before it was 3AM CT when i was in the midwest.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Davidlee9 wrote:

What is interesting is i just arrived back home and now the floodlight is turning off at 1AM PT.  Where as before it was 3AM CT when i was in the midwest.

Which of course is the same time.  Still it doesn't get to why it is turning off in the first place.

Davidlee9
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m testing a couple of things like removing the schedule from geo fencing.  Happened again this morning. 

I forgot to see if that web portal had the flood light off so I will check that tomorrow 

I do have a new Armed mode but that was because the default armed mode doesn’t allow me to add devices.  It only shows floodlight and my patio camera but I have another camera and doorbell chime and those do not show up and there is no add a device option.  

Davidlee9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi So this happens everyday now at 1AM PT.  The web and mobile portals show the floodlight off.  The connected Arlo to Samsung Things which is how i know it turns off at 1AM PT.  I removed the integration to make sure Samsung Things was not accidentally controlling it but still happens.

I have had battery issues with this floodlight and now this happening when i need the camera working at 1AM so no one is messing with my home/cars.

Is it possible to get a replacement unit please?

I purchased this from Amazon on 4/6/2021.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use Settings, Support and choose your camera to contact support for a possible replacement.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation