Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Mattjbrett
Guide
Guide

I am receiving double notifications from my camera.

I have the latest app 2.23 on iPhone

I have the latest firmware on camera

I have restarted the camera

I have rebooted my phone

I have removed app and reinstalled

It maybe because I have recently updated to iOS 14.4, but the issue is still persisting.

I am getting this on both my my iPhone and iPad?

Is this a common issue or just locally to my phone and iPad?

this only started 05/02/2021 since I updated my iOS device firmware software

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue, please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app installed from the app store (as of today that is version 3.2). If you are still experiencing this issue after updating your mobile app to the latest version, please let us know the details so we can investigate further.

JamesC

View solution in original post

135 REPLIES 135
kamranbaig
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having Arlo App installed since more than 2-years but this problem started last week. Arlo app is detecting motion for each camera and sending notification but beep twice at the internal of about some seconds. I am having four cameras installed and it's really annoying for me. Also, surprisingly, other mobile's apps is stopped showing notifications but we can see the video clips old/latest using App. 

I have logged off from the Arlo App, uninstalled it many times also restarted my mobiles every time after uninstalling the app. I've also change my Mobile setting (Arlo & messages) and change my message setting to "Repeat Never". Restarted Arlo Smart hub many times but nothing change.

I contacted Arlo support, been told that they are going to escalate the case. Hope they will come out with some solution of this problem soon.  Mean while, is anyone having or had same problem 

kamranbaig
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've logged into other Mobile and having the same problem.

muggins86
Tutor
Tutor

This is happening to me too, started a few days ago, updated my iphone software, and it's still doing it. It's really annoying. Hope they fix it soon.

Mattjbrett
Guide
Guide

Had a message from support asking me to go to setting>notifications>and turn “repeat alert” to never at the bottom somewhere. Could not find option on iPad or iPhone.

I then spoke tho Arlo chat, where was advised to go to a setting>notifications>messages and turn “repeat alert” to never?

I explained that I wanted additional notifications for my messages, but not for arlo.

advised me that sometimes iphone thinks arlo thinks it’s a message?! Anyway, I did as asked with no resolution, issue still persists.

another item I found missing is that when a notification was send previous to iOS 14.4 update that you would have a green box around movement of car, person, animal, (and previous to that app update was a greyed out box), but now there is nothing but the thumbnail, was told this was the intention due to recent update (which was not issued in last couple of days).

feel like I was fobbed off.....

I believe this is an arlo conflict with iOS 14.4, which needs correcting, and until an app update is used nothing will change.

fenton11
Guide
Guide
Anyone else having the issue of double notifications each time the camera is activated? This started happening two days ago and did my own investigating and it appears it stems from the monthly billing subscription. I checked my subscription and it said the next auto renewal date is 1/7/21 but was billed on 2/8/21 for February. Called Arlo Support and they said they just migrated their billing system so I suspect this is where the problem lies. Users on other boards are reporting the same issue. Arlo please escalate my case 42277006 Thank you
Mattjbrett
Guide
Guide

An update to this thread.

I am still getting the double notifications,  with no resolution. However have noticed that the first notification sounded has the green box around the object moving in the thumbnails notification, and the second does sounded does not, with about 10 seconds between sounded notifications.

I only get 1 counted badge per notification, but alert sounds twice with pop up on home page.

still waiting for Arlo to get back to me after rejecting their initial suggestion, of which they state a replying within 2 days.........

Not sure if it makes any difference, but I’m connected directly to Wi-Fi with the Floodlight Pro3   Camera (not using an Arlo Base Station)

anyone else other than myself and 1 other having this issue, it is getting increasingly irritating, to the point where I’m thinking of turning notifications off, which defeats the object of having an Arlo Camera there at all.

Come on Arlo, please advise with a suitable resolution......

kg70041
Aspirant
Aspirant

Getting double notifications on both Android and iOS. Have noticed the same 'green box' in one thumbnail and the absence of it in the duplicate notification. Happens regardless of which camera picks up the movement, so it must be app related?

Wonder if this would have something to do with the camera(s) recognizing separate 'events' as someone/something moves through the activity zones?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

fenton11,

Thank you for the information. I've escalated this topic to the development team and will provide an update once I have more information.

JamesC

fenton11
Guide
Guide
I think the system thinks it’s cause you are not subscribed to a monthly plan. That’s why the green box shows up in the first notification which is the smart notification but the duplicate notification is one you would see if you weren’t on a plan. That’s my theory since in myarlo website my next billing renewal date is 1/7/21 but I was already charged for February on 2/8/21 so I should see my next renewal day as 3/7/21.
fenton11
Guide
Guide
Thank you. Here is a screenshot of my subscription plan. I think it should already say next renewal on 3/7/21
dcfox1
Master
Master

I have been getting them for about 2 days or so but I have a current subscription so not sure if has anything to do with a sub. I haven't noticed them looking any different. 

Graham_H
Aspirant
Aspirant

For some reason this past week my Arlo app has started giving double notifications to all event triggers on my phone. It's never done it before, the app doesn't appear to have updated since last month so nothing has changed there. I've tried everything to stop it from happening, even deleted the app and reinstalled it. 

My wife is granted access from my profile so she has the app installed on her phone and its happening on hers as well.

I have to keep muting the notifications which defeats the object somewhat.

Any ideas?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4, Arlo App 2.23 (1761), Pro 4 Camera on firmware 1.070.11.2_38

fenton11
Guide
Guide
What does the website say is your next renewal date? Mines is stuck on 1/7/21. Should be 3/7/21 by now.
dcfox1
Master
Master

Actually just checked and it says 12/18/20. It has renewed though as everything is working with smart. They have been having a problem with billing but don't think the double notifications has anything to do with that. It is annoying though. I thought that it may be since I didn't update IOS to 14.4 but that didn't fix it. 

Garnerkaty90
Aspirant
Aspirant
Me and my husband keep receiving 2 notifications for the same motion. Been happening about 2 weeks or so now! Fix it Arlo!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue, are you able to provide a screenshot showing the double push notifications?

Thanks,

JamesC

Mattjbrett
Guide
Guide

JamesC,

It is not easy to take a screen shot to display the issue?

1. A notification sound is made, with a notification display at top of screen with time stamp.

2. If you hold finger on notification, it enlarges and shows a stationary picture of the item that was moving with green box around item.

3. You release finger and notification disappears.

4. 10 seconds ish later a second notification sounds and pops up at top of screen with same time stamp as before

5. Hold finger over notification, it enlarges with same enlarged image but without green box around item that was moving.

6. Release finger and notification disappears.

7. Only one red circular notification badge shows on app on home page, and only one notification badge when you open app to view for the 2 event sounded notifications.

I can’t take screen shots quick enough to display....

Mattjbrett
Guide
Guide

JamesC,

correction to item 7.

There are 2 notification badges on app in the Home Screen, and 1 notification badge in app when opened, for the same one event.

muggins86
Tutor
Tutor
Here’s an example, note the time stamp.
muggins86
Tutor
Tutor
and here is the duplicate notification a minute later
dcfox1
Master
Master

When the second comes the first notification is gone or covered up by the second. They are the same timestamp about 10 seconds or less apart. EDIT: From what I noticed it only counted as one notification on the device page. 

makersforme
Tutor
Tutor

Recently, I get weird notifications on my Apple Watch. I  get the first and original notification, but then a short time later, I get another notification for the same event but with a different time. For instance, if my back yard camera detects my dog and we let her inside, I get that notification. Video records that event for 2 minutes.  Now the dog is inside before that 2 minutes is up.  I then get another notification say 2 minutes later for the same event, but no video.

While I was typing the above, it just happened.  3:16pm notification at my back yard.  I let the dog in within the 2 minutes that the video records.  At 3:18pm, I get another notification for the same event, but not video is recorded, so a false notification.

I believe this started when I installed iOS 14.4.  This second notification is weird on the watch as well as there isn't a full alert sound and the screen quickly disappears.

Anyone seeing this or have a suggestion

fenton11
Guide
Guide
James. Do you have an email address I can send a video file to show you the issue?
fenton11
Guide
Guide
James,

Here’s a link to a video I recorded showing the double notifications. First notification has the green box, second none.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/r1gLaoLwTHSUE15lOOYbcQ.Yqhryn0AuqN5BtnYJ1Lj4_
Discussion stats