Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlights not staying on

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
SimonMK
Tutor
Tutor

I’ve had 2 x Floodlights for a while now. I have them set to turn the lights on when they detect movement but not video. The settings seem to work well. I then added a third floodlight and used the same settings and for a while all seemed well until recently. Now all 3 are acting the same way. When they detect movement - they switch on for a second or so and then switch off for a second or so. This is repeated several times while there is motion. 
I’ve double checked the settings - 

when motion detected turn on floodlight for 120s. Everything else is switched off. 
I’ve deleted the rule and reset it. I’ve also tried deleting one of the cameras and re-associated it. 
many ideas? 

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post screenshots of your rule, the whole thing if you need to select different sections.

SimonMK
Tutor
Tutor

Attaching a screen shot of rules 

IMG_2929.png

IMG_2930.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't tried only the floodlight to be turned on so can't really comment. Your rule looks fine to me but...

Try additionally enabling recording to see if that helps. If so, then try disabling the recording so only the light is on.

DFD88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem (but I only have one Floodlight).

It have worked fine for about 1,5 years (I bought It in April 2022). But now It acts like explained above. I will try enabling recordning and see if that helps, and then disabling recording.

GuiPoM
Apprentice
Apprentice

I reported this issue to Arlo at the end of May. The workaround I am aware of is to enable recording, which restores the functionality of the floodlight.

Arlo COMPLETELY LACKS the ability to comprehend and resolve this issue, which was introduced in their May firmware update.

I am responding again and again to the same messages asking for recordings and reset my installation.

SimonMK
Tutor
Tutor

Activating recording seems to have got the lights working properly although Arlo obviously need to sort this bug as I don’t want to record everything. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for providing this feedback, I have notified the team and I will provide more information as soon as possible.

DFD88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly, I dont wan´t to record everything either. 

Hopefully they can fix this problem soon!

BrettJong
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there an update on this yet? I have a floodlight with the same issue. I cannot just use the floodlight itself without recording.  Defeats the purpose as recording is not always necessary.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation