Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight not responding to commands

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ArloUser42
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo floodlight was working perfectly well until few months ago.  Now it no longer lights up in response to commands based on its own or other camera sensors. It does light up when switched on manually from the Arlo app.I have tried resetting it, removing battery and re-connecting it to the Arlo App several times though with the same results.

I’m not sure whether it was related to a firmware update.

Has anyone had similar issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArloUser42
Aspirant
Aspirant

It worked!! thanks!!

previously the lights would turn on without the need to activate recording…but at least now the light comes on. 

I set the camera to record AND turn on the light during recording. It responds less quickly than previously, but at least it works. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ArloUser42 

When you mention "resetting" Did you remove the camera from your app/account and reinstall it? 

Thanks

ArloUser42
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your message.

Yes I removed the Arlo floodlight from my account and re-installed it, including holding the sync button for 15s to reset the camera. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Does the camera have a subscription?

Alternatively, is it connected to a base that does local recording?

ArloUser42
Aspirant
Aspirant

No subscription and none needed for it to work (I never had a subscription for years and it worked). 

it is connected to a hub, but I’m not concerned about recording…just for the light to turn on when needed. 

At the moment I can only turn the light on and off manually and view the live video feed. No automation 😞

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It lights when it wants to record at night. 

There is also a setting to tell it to just light up when it detects motion.  But there have been some posters who have said that doesn't work correctly.  So a workaround is to set up local storage (and just ignore the recordings).

ArloUser42
Aspirant
Aspirant

It worked!! thanks!!

previously the lights would turn on without the need to activate recording…but at least now the light comes on. 

I set the camera to record AND turn on the light during recording. It responds less quickly than previously, but at least it works. 

Sky-sky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you share what type of usb drive you use?  I’ve tried many different ones and none of them seem to be recognized by the Arlo hub.  I tried contacting support but have gotten the runaround for a month now with no results.

thanks.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What size are the drives? Is the device formatted to the FAT32 file system?

Sky-sky
Aspirant
Aspirant

256gb

and yes

But I still get the message that the drive cannot be used when I plug it into the hub

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sky-sky wrote:

256gb

and yes

But I still get the message that the drive cannot be used when I plug it into the hub

Did you double-check that the drive only has one partition?

Sky-sky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Sky-sky 

Do you have any other drives you can try and test with?

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation