Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight no longer charging

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Blally
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been trying unsuccessfully to resolve an issue with my Pro 3 Floodlight and Arlo support.  The housing no longer supports charging and exhibits the same defect on securing the camera as others have reported. I've been trying to purchase, not receive free, a replacement housing for almost two weeks now and there is zero actual help from the support bots that respond to questions. Each time I ask how to purchase it is an endless loop of sending me the accessories link which doesn't feature a replacement housing.

Has anyone had luck with a phone number for a human to answer?  And if you are thinking about purchasing an Arlo system I recommend don't.  They work fine but if you need any support after the fact it is non existent.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you sure the battery cover is fully seated? There's internal contacts that may not be making if it's not fully seated. It will click when doing so.

Blally
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. One of the contacts is corroded away on the outside. I've sent pictures to Arlo Support at their request and they still did not tell me how to purchase a replacement housing.  I've had several circular back and forth with them and the best solution they said was to buy another camera.  I don't want to spend the money to replace a camera that is working when the only thing that needs replaced is the housing. Not only is that wastful but it makes no sense that a housing is not available as a spare part.

In the forum there is a whole thread about the camera body failing to click into place unless the o-ring is removed and that is a secondary problem that I face as well.  

Arlo should provide a phone number so I can speak to a human instead of using non stop bots with prearranges scrips. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Blally wrote:

they still did not tell me how to purchase a replacement housing.  

That's because Arlo doesn't sell them separately.  Support can't do anything about that, it's not under their control.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation