Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Flood Light not connecting with app

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jerry_Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

I tryed to connect the flood light with Asus router and a D-Link router. I did try tha arlo app and from the web interface. Both are failing to set up the device. I did all the steps. Fully charged battery, close to router and all the steps in connecting it. The crazy thing here is in the app it fails to connect and I cant use the camera. But in the klient list in both Asus router and D-Link router I see the device. I try connect to 2.4 GHz. 

I have read about this problem in the forum before and no solution ever come up. I don't know what more to do here. I even try to contact the support and this Kamil guy working at your office does not even reply me. First this guy asked for serial number and I gave it to him and after that I dont hear anything from him. No updates in my case. This guy Kamil needs to be fired. Or is it company policy to treat customers like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jerry_Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update:

I managed to update the firmware of the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight. I did the following:

1. Changed to another Asus 4G router
2. Changed to new ISP

3. I found the floodlight directly using the app. 

But I am so disapointed at Arlo customer service. I have case number (Removed)

and they only reply me now from support, its been 2 full months from the first call to the customer service. It's the real customer service from Arlo. I have a link to arlo homepage where I can follow my case. But it seems that I dont get any help from them. This week I managed to connect the floodlight with the arlo app and a few days later I got an empty update request from Arlo. The massage does not ask for anything that I should provide to Arlo to move the case forward. 

Im a big fan of Arlo but they don´t know what cusomer service is. I think its a shame

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try resetting the camera?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

WHen you called support, did you Google for it or did you use Setting, Support to get the phone number? If you don't have a subscription, such as having problems connecting your camera before it's on your account, you can't actually speak to Arlo support. I suspect you called a bogus "Arlo".

Jerry_Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

I google arlo support and got a phone number from what I think is Arlo homepage. I also got a email said that a case was created. I did also reset the camera. I did see that there is a new firmware out for this device but I don't know how to update to latest firmware if I can't connect the device to the app. 

Is it possible to update the device without the device being connected using the Arlo app?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

Next, use ONLY Settings, Support to contact official support. However, you need a subscription to actually talk to someone. If you're setting up your first camera and having problems, you won't yet have that sub. Even if you got the proper phone number, support won't talk to you - because you don't have a sub. Posting here is the best way to get started.

The new firmware won't load until the camera has been detected/added to your account. There's no other way to do it.

It would seem that the camera may be faulty. Swapping at the store would be the fastest way to resolve this.

Jerry_Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update:

I managed to update the firmware of the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight. I did the following:

1. Changed to another Asus 4G router
2. Changed to new ISP

3. I found the floodlight directly using the app. 

But I am so disapointed at Arlo customer service. I have case number (Removed)

and they only reply me now from support, its been 2 full months from the first call to the customer service. It's the real customer service from Arlo. I have a link to arlo homepage where I can follow my case. But it seems that I dont get any help from them. This week I managed to connect the floodlight with the arlo app and a few days later I got an empty update request from Arlo. The massage does not ask for anything that I should provide to Arlo to move the case forward. 

Im a big fan of Arlo but they don´t know what cusomer service is. I think its a shame

Jerry_Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why did you remove my reply? 

I complained about the Arlo customer service and you remove the reply?? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Jerry_Sweden 

I wanted to quickly note that your previous post was held automatically, possibly due to providing sensitive info on the community forum. I have escalated your original issue to the appropriate team:

You have reached the support team for customers outside of Europe.To comply with the GDPR and other relevant Data Privacy regulations, our customer databases are independent from each other. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you today.
Please refer to the information below to contact the respective support team for your country or region.

https://www.arlo.com/en_eu/support/contact-support

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation