Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ATXScott
Guide
Guide

I've swapped micro-USB cables, I've tried another power adapter (although it's for another Arlo camera- not the floodlight- so I'm not sure it's compatible). I've removed the battery and reinserted. The light turns blue for a second, then goes off, but does not blink. I've tried removing the battery entirely and plugging in: no light at all. 

Any ideas? I've thought about buying the magnetic charger, but I'm reluctant to spend the money when it may not work.

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ATXScott,

Are you using an official Arlo branded charging cable?

For tips on charging your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight, take a look here https://kb.arlo.com/000062384/How-do-I-charge-my-Arlo-Pro-3-Floodlight-Camera

JamesC

Jtl4pr
Guide
Guide

Mine quit charging no matter what method I use to plug it in. The only help support is to tell me to buy another one. Seriously? I’ve had it just over a year - of course it’s out of ‘warranty’. Am I just supposed to buy one every year?!! Stay away from the product!!

CrystalClear83
Tutor
Tutor

This happened to my camera Arlo pro floodlight 3. Stoped working little over 1 year. I don't trust Arlo and won't recommend them anymore.

Rambaud
Initiate
Initiate

Charging has stopped working on mine since the last firmware update.

I've been using an Arlo battery and outdoor cable for two years and never had a problem before.

I managed to recharge the battery via another Arlo camera, so it's not a problem with the battery but with the camera's on-board charger which no longer works since the firmware update which seems to have a bug

Hopefully a future firmware update will fix the problem.
Jtl4pr
Guide
Guide

Junk. They just expect you to buy a new camera every year. Terrible customer service. Do not buy anything Arlo. 

Jtl4pr
Guide
Guide

Don’t buy anything else from them. Just cut your losses and don’t let any friends or family buy anything from them. 

CrystalClear83
Tutor
Tutor

I bought 2 eufy cameras during prime day. So far I'm impressed, and there's no monthly fee!

CrystalClear83
Tutor
Tutor

Mine is worse, the camera shows no sign of life with battery or plugged in directly.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation