Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Floodlight Pro 3 not connecting - Initial Setup

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CNCIT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having trouble setting up a new Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight camera system. I have purchased 3 Arlo Pro 3 floodlights and all 3 failing the same way when setting it up. I can go all the way to looking for floodlights step and it times out afterwards. 

I have tried everything Arlo support have asked me to do but I am unable to add any of the Arlo Pro 3 floodlights. 

Here is the setup: 

1. I am setting them up without the base station which according to Arlo is optional for Arlo Pro 3.
  2. I am using a dedicated EnGenius WiFi AP with only one SSID- 2.4GHz only.
  3.  AP is just a foot away
  4. I factory reset camera by removing the battery, re-inserting and pressing the sync button until amber light blinks and releasing it before proceeding with the setup
  5. I have tried 2 different iphones and an Samsung galaxy android phone as well as a laptop with wired connection
  6. On the phone app, I have even tried with mobile data disabled and used only the dedicated SSID I setup for this (2.4Ghz)
  7. It keeps failing at Looking for floodlights step

what I am I missing here?

2 REPLIES 2
CNCIT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to resolve the issue. Our barracuda Firewall flagged one of the sites Arlo is trying to reach during initial setup as parked site. Once I allowed parked sites, it started working. Need to find out which site Arlo tries to access besides *.arlo.com or *.netgear.com so I can only whitelist that site instead of allowing all "parked" sites.

aylon
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issue was the same symptoms, but solved by changing the network to 2.4GHZ, not 5G as default.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation