Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Floodlight Dead

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloUserKeith
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a floodlight that stopped working after a few months.  No lights come on when I push and hold the sync button.  The outlet it plugs into seems to be working.  

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it could be a faulty camera or charger, can you verify the battery is charged? If you removed the battery to just run on AC power, reinstall it to test. You can bring the camera indoors and charge it using the indoor charger, also, to be sure. Cleaning both connections on the camera and cable may also help.

If all fails, use the app to go to Settings, Support, select your camera and scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support.

ArloUserKeith
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can I  verify if the battery is charged?  What is the indoor charger?

Thanks for your help!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The indoor charger is the cable supplied with the camera (the outdoor one is an accessory). I don't recall if the USB charger itself is supplied with the camera but if it is, use that one. Otherwise use another 5V, 2A charger from a phone, etc.

You can tell if the battery is fully charged with the blue LED on the camera coming on with no flashing. This might a few hours to occur if the battery is fully discharged.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

The indoor charger is the cable supplied with the camera (the outdoor one is an accessory). I don't recall if the USB charger itself is supplied with the camera but if it is, use that one. Otherwise use another 5V, 2A charger from a phone, etc.

If you aren't using the outdoor charger, then I suggest removing the camera from the shell, and connecting your charger to the microusb port inside.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation