Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Floodlight Camera - Pole Mounting Idea

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jasonaraujo
Follower
Follower

Hi all - I am considering mounting my Arlo Floodlight camera to a pole outside my home since I cannot drill any screws into the exterior of my home.  I wanted to run an idea by the board for your feedback and suggestions.  My plan is to use a Pole Mount (proposed item to purchase on amazon linked below) and attach the floodlight to the bracket followed by attaching the bracket to a pole using the adjustable loops to securely tighten the bracket to the pole.  Any problems with this idea?  Do you think the floodlight is too heavy?  Have you had a similar issue where you couldn't screw anything to the exterior of the home; if so, how did you resolve?

Potential Items to purchase:

Pole Mount Bracket 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jasonaraujo wrote:

My plan is to use a Pole Mount (proposed item to purchase on amazon linked below) and attach the floodlight to the bracket followed by attaching the bracket to a pole using the adjustable loops to securely tighten the bracket to the pole.  Any problems with this idea?  

The idea is fine, as long as the loops are tight enough.

But you won't be able to screw the floodlight base into a metal plate.  You could try building your own pole mount (using similar loops, but substituting a plate you can screw into.  For instance, wood that has been painted to make it weather-proof.  Or alternatively attach a wooden piece onto the mount you are thinking about.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation