Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Anyone been having issues with their Pro 3 floodlight cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jasmimuse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine are starting to miss huge segments of activity. Misses large chunks before starts recording (I get this happens with battery cameras - they are plugged in but the missing footage is starting to get ridiculous). Or they will just stop recording in the middle like after 5-10 seconds when people are still clearly walking and moving in the frame.

I’m way deep in the ecosystem - 8 cameras, doorbell and security hub. Pay for subscription. Not sure if my only options is to pay for continuous recording in 2-3 locations that I can’t afford to miss footage. Or hardwire a separate system for these locations and store locally, using Arlo just for notifications. Both of which seems like a waste.

My pro 4s seem to still work well.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using timed recordings or "record while motion continues"? If the latter, try the former. If you don't want to do that, you'll need to test the camera positioning and motion sensitivity to maximize the recordings. It would also be worth cleaning the camera face to ensure the PIR sensor isn't being partially blocked.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation