Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alro floodlight not connecting to new router

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Misstang222
Follower
Follower

My camera was working fine recording and everything.  My router went bad..  Got a new router.. Alro would not hook back up due to it being 5g.  Had to get frontier to enable 2.4 g..  Husband set it up the first time with his iPhone.   (I was always able to log in and view it) It absolutely woud not hook up to his iphone this time.   After 6 attempts I Finally got the camera to read the qr code etc and hook back up. On my android. I can view the camera,  set off the siren,  turn on the light etc. So can he on his iPhone.  But it absolutely wont record anything to thw library..  So when the crazy neighbor behind me shoots fireworks at my house... Nada no evidence.  My husband checked he is still getting charged monthly for arlo service.  How do I make it record before this guy gets away with something help!!! It appears that there is no easy way to get help with these things with out some how paying more$ . Can't afford another dollar leaving this house so that is not an option

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you and your husband using the same Arlo account?  Or are you using the Friend Account feature?

The subscription plan needs to be in the same account as the one used to onboard the camera.  It's not clear from your comments, but if you two are using the Friend Account feature, the subscription might be in your husband's account, and the camera might be in yours.  If that is the situation, you need to cancel your husband's subscription and re-subscribe from your account.

You can easily tell if the camera is still in the subscription plan - just try to make a manual recording while livestreaming.  You won't be able to do that unless the camera is subscribed.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation