Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

granting access

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Isalter
Follower
Follower

We have 6 Arlo Pro 2 cameras and I have administrative access to them. I am trying to add a new employee to the system so they can monitor the cameras as well. They have their own account with their own log in credentials and I have granted them administrative access to all the cameras as well as the hub, however they cannot see the cameras or the library feed. Their home page also looks different from mine, showing a "home" location while I have no location listed. I have tried uninstalling and redownloading the app on both of our phones, doing it on the desktop, and updating the app and nothing works. They cannot see the cameras or the library. Any ideas how to fix this? 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Isalter wrote:

Their home page also looks different from mine, showing a "home" location while I have no location listed. I have tried uninstalling and redownloading the app on both of our phones, doing it on the desktop, and updating the app and nothing works. They cannot see the cameras or the library. Any ideas how to fix this? 

There are two different interfaces in the current app - your account is showing the older "Library" interface, their account is showing the newer "Feed" and "Dashboard" interface.

The friend feature requires both accounts to show the same thing.  It's not possible to migrate their account from "Feed" to "Library", but it is possible to migrate your account from "Library" to "Feed".  The hack that does this is to go into "add device" and then start to add a Pro 5s camera.  That will fail because you don't have one.  But the workflow will migrate your account to "Feed" before it fails.

A note of caution - there are issues and limitations in the new "Feed" interface.  One big limitation is that custom modes have been removed.  Users here are frequently having issues getting scheduling and geofencing to work.  So if you use those features, you might reconsider the need for friend access.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation