Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
MTL33166
Aspirant
Aspirant

Replaced my base station, all my cameras are sync properly PlayStation is working properly says when I look at it on my phone to view that I now need to have a subscription, I’m not interested in a subscription what seems to be the fix?

13 REPLIES 13
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

What cameras do you have? Models?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you seem to have the Pro 2 cameras (please verify), it would seem that you have activity zones enabled. Those require a subscription to work so remove them to get rid of the message.

MTL33166
Aspirant
Aspirant

Activity Zones not enabled’

I’d paid $529.00 dollars for a lifetime subscription plan which I was told covered any amount of base stations & cameras, then Arlo’s tech support tried to pull a bait & switch scenario on me & try for me to pay additional monthly money for each camera. Then they immediately refused service & refunded money’ complete sheer incompetence & ignorance.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MTL33166 wrote:

I’d paid $529.00 dollars for a lifetime subscription plan

Arlo doesn't offer that, so you must have gotten that from a scammer.

Unless you are saying that you spent $529  for the cameras and base.  The free cloud storage for legacy cameras like the pro 2 is (and always has been) limited to accounts that have 5 or fewer unsubscribed cameras.

Currently sold cameras (Essentials, Ultras, Pro 4/Pro 4/Pro 5) all require a subscription to get any cloud storage, and some other features (like activity zones).  There are monthly and annual subscriptions, but no lifetime ones. 

MTL33166
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I was charged for a lifetime subscription, for unlimited cameras and base stations, and then it turned into a bait and click switch situation where they wanted to charge additional for each camera then, as I’ve stated in the previous post, They refunded my $529. 00 obviously, the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing here in the situation and you don’t sell someone something and honor the sales. Arlo, obviously or Netgear, whomever owns them is obviously getting greedy and wanting a monthly fee out of each person‘s camera, which is total disregard.

MTL33166
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have email proof, and credit card proof, but the sales was made for unlimited service, including unlimited base stations, and unlimited cameras for the $529.00.

I’m currently working on trying to get a hold of the CFO and the president of the company to get this straightened out because it’s quite ridiculous. I know I’m not the only one involved in situations like this. There is hundreds of thousands of other people that are being putting the same situation and they’re trying to rip us off.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MTL33166 wrote:

I have email proof, and credit card proof, but the sales was made for unlimited service, including unlimited base stations, and unlimited cameras for the $529.00.

No idea what proof you have, but Arlo has never offered that.  When did you purchase it?

MTL33166
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_1349.png

 Here’s the receipt I don’t understand why Arlo won’t take ownership of what has happened. This person that sold me this was very well-versed and all the different applications with the base stations and the cameras. Your company is obviously not taking ownership that they’ve made bad decisions and doing what they’ve done, myself with hundreds of thousands of other people out there that have spent a lot of money on this hardware, utilizing their own Internet that they’re paying for to use these cameras and base stations With no additional cost, now you think people are going to want to pay a monthly fee. You have to be crazy. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MTL33166 wrote:

 Here’s the receipt I don’t understand why Arlo won’t take ownership of what has happened. This person that sold me this was very well-versed and all the different applications with the base stations and the cameras. 

To be clear, I don't work for Arlo - this is a user-to-user forum.

Despite your impression of the seller, Arlo DOESN'T offer this service - that is why they cannot help or "take ownership".  You purchased this from a scammer. 

You should report the issue immediately to Paypal, so they can investigate and possibly reverse the charge.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@StephenB wrote:

You should report the issue immediately to Paypal, so they can investigate and possibly reverse the charge.

I missed this earlier comment: Then they immediately refused service & refunded money

If the money was refunded, then no need to report anything to PayPal.  Not sure what you are wanting Arlo to do.

Subscriptions need to be purchased from my.arlo.com, and phone support needs to be gotten via the support center in the Arlo app.  There are plenty of scammers out there, and googling for a phone number usually leads to a scam site.

MTL33166
Aspirant
Aspirant

This was not a scam’ it was Definitely Arlo’ & here’s more Receipts to prove it.

IMG_1350.png

 I really don’t understand why Arlo & Netgear are being so greedy & misunderstanding about this whole situation?  This whole senerio is a Classic bait & Switch that they pulled with me. Including remote in on my phone for access also. Very sly & sneaky practices. Which will soon get caught in a trap eventually.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Oh, you've definitely been scammed - look at the website at the top of your "receipt". netgearwebworld has nothing to do with Arlo or Netgear. BTW, Netgear divested Arlo to be on it's own years ago so there's no relationship at all.

All you have to do is to go to the subscriptions section in your app to view and purchase actual Arlo subscriptions.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MTL33166 looking at the pictures that you sent in that is not associated with Arlo in any type of way. That is for sure a scam and you need to report it if you have not received a refund. We at Arlo can not take ownership for this as it is not an Arlo receipt nor was that ever a offer we provided. Company emails will not have @Gmail at the end typically, for future reference. 

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation