Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 siren not working

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Samchan203
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear All,

Just tried to test the siren system and found that the siren is not working. Its showed active but no sound at all and I tried resetting and also unolug and plug too, any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Are you testing the siren using the mobile app or via the pc web browser access? 

Have you power cycled the base?

Samchan203
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes i tried both app and web, not working still.

for power cycle, is it pressing the reset button for 10-15 seconds?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Power cycle just means powering down the unit at the mains switch for a minute then powering it back on.

The Base can also be restarted using the restart option in the app under Base settings menu.

Using a paper clip to operate the base reset button for 15sec is the factory reset feature that requires you to remove all cameras and base from your account then readd them again after the factory reset.

Not recommended but can be a last resort.

Its also possible that the siren is faulty, has it worked ok previously?

Also will the siren work if it gets triggered by a camera rule?

Samchan203
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried all above but not working.

just open box a gift from my friend.

the siren did get triggerred but nonsound and when i get in app, its not activated in emergency. I am wondering if there anything to do with the connection of app, server and the base.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Seems strange if straight out of the box.

Since you have just setup, your likely using the new arlo app which does have bugs.

Using the original app I can activate the base siren by tapping on the red shield icon top right.

Can you confirm your using a VMB4000 or VMB4500 Base station as these are the only Base stations with an internal siren.

Samchan203
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear 

i am using vmb4000 and i think its the software too

Is there anyway to install the okd one in ios?

i used to use the old one with less function but more reliable, however, its now the arlo secure with more function and many problems.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Arlo is not allowing users to go back to the original app, makes a lot of sense to do so.

I know that with previous app disasters like this, users were reverting to restoring the phone backup to get to the previous app version. Probably a bit drastic of an approach.

If you have a spare arlo account that used the original app you could try using that. Or if you can try using a friend’s account with the original app still to add the base to test the siren that way.

Samchan203
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally!

i managed to use an old account with previous version and manage to work with arlo base station vmb4000 for siren. I believe that the newer software recognise that as new base station with no siren.

hope that they fix this problem in the future.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation