Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
davidrayers
Star
Star

arlo video playback not showing time progress bar on pc. Works ok on Android phone.

Recently Arlo App keeps asking permission to manage calls. how do I turn off the nag screen.

Thanks! David 

9 REPLIES 9
JasonKing
Tutor
Tutor

I've been having the same issue for a few days now. Whenever I launch the android app it wants to have access to control phone calls, and often says there is nothing in the video library. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a different browser or even a different computer? You can use a mobile browser when it's set to use the desktop version of the site.

My guess is that you have emergency settings configured which could need to have access to be able to manage calls.

JasonKing
Tutor
Tutor

Pretty sure I don't have any emergency settings that would require management of calls. I've specifically not added any contacts or such. Also doesn't explain why the video library is frequently empty, requiring a restart of the app to see videos.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The emergency settings I was referring to are in the Arlo app, not the phone.

As for the videos, have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

JasonKing
Tutor
Tutor

Rebooting and reinstalling the app did not solve the issue. It still prompts me to give the app access to control the phone calls, which I do not want to allow. What settings within the app are you referring to that would require such access?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQ on this:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062594/What-is-the-Arlo-Emergency-Response-feature-and-how-does-it-work

Note that this is for the old UI but there's a link near the top if you're using the new UI.

JasonKing
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the link to the article. It sounds like an interesting feature, however it doesn't apply in my case because it looks like it is only available for Arlo Secure Plus subscribers, and I only have Arlo Secure. Also, it doesn't explain why the phone app would need to be able control phone calls, even if I was a Plus subscriber. I just want to be able open the app to see my cameras without being asked for intrusive permissions every time.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have a definitive answer to this but enabling that permission would "solve" the issue. It's not like it's going to be making or receiving calls - I have it enabled and have no issues with it.

YMMV.

davidrayers
Star
Star

this is the first step to identity theft. The video progress bar on my PC Windows 10 is now magically working again. Still getting the nag screen on my Android phone to grant permission to control calls. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation