Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 and Starlink remedies

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
JayTaylor313
Initiate
Initiate

First off, I want to apologize for asking the same question that has been asked a thousand times. I also should say that I am NOT a computer person. I just updated my internet to Starlink from Frontier. I have had five pro 2 cameras (and just recently 2 spotlight cameras) for about two years. The only issues I had with the set-up was the horrible internet I had before. After getting Starlink up and running and connecting the pro 2 base with the Starlink ethernet adapter, everything worked great for about 2 days. I ended up doing a factory reset and hooking the base up to a router/wifi extender. It worked great for a day or so and disconnected. I tried another factory reset.....hooked the base directly to the Starlink Ethernet adapter and again...it worked for a day or so. The reset doesn't do crap. I now have the Starlink connected to the router/wifi extender via ethernet cable. The Base is connected to the router/wifi extender via ethernet cable. It works for a while after doing a wifi reboot through the Starlink app. I tried to bypass the Starlink router and use my router in place and dang near couldn't get my Starlink back. If anyone has a solution that can be dumbed down I would greatly appreciate the help. I have tried the Arlo customer support chat robots and I get told to factory reset my base..... I love my set-up and quality of my cameras and pictures. with so many posts about the same problem, I don't understand how Arlo doesn't have an answer.

3 REPLIES 3
CKF
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am interested in a solution to this as well. Everything was working fine with Starlink and Arlo until 4/1, and now I can't get the base station to reconnect; LED keeps blinking amber color, even after factory resets and reboots. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

If you have the Feed option within your app, Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact

JayTaylor313
Initiate
Initiate

Is there any way that I can bypass the level 1 chat folks so I can actually get some help?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation