Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 7 day cloud ONLY for Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mthugo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought a new camera (Essentials XL Spotlight) to replace a Pro2 that we have had trouble with.  I was told that it was completely compatible with my VMB4000...   Well, not really.   Unfortunately I have been told by the chat support that the 7 day cloud is only available if I have the Pro 2 camera.  More recent cameras will not have any cloud support unless purchased even if they are being used as one of the 5 allowable cameras on the VMB4000 system.  You either have to buy a cloud subscription for that camera, or the only other option is to use a local USB drive and then manually look at any recording buy removing the USB and viewing them in a computer.   Not practical if you are away and need to check on something from earlier in that day.   I'm now left with a camera that I bought that I can't really use except in real time and looking to find a Pro 2 camera to once again have 7 day cloud access.    

Not happy...

1 REPLY 1
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The requirements for arlo cameras to have access to cloud storage began in 2018 with the Ultra model. Yes the pro2 was the last model to offer the legacy storage although it was limited to five cameras per account.

Can you recover the pro2, might be a firmware thing.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation