Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
Wgwifi
Guide
Guide

So I was checking the footage from my Cameras on the USBS, then when I plugged them back in it said required formating. I tried formating in the Arlo APP, it says FAILED TO FORMAT USB.   

I tried to format the USBS on my computer to FAT32. and then try to put them into base station. Again said Required Formating and when I tried, it said, FAILED TO FORMAT USB.

Iv Tried FAT32 as well and it gives the same error.   

I have the VMB4000 Base station, am on IOS on iPhone, with ARLO PRO 2 Cameras and ARLO 3 FloodLights, and ARLO WIRLIESS VIDEO DOORBELL CAMERA.

Help???!

I have two USBS I was using with the base station and they were working fine before I took them out to review footage.  Now I can't even get the base station to recognize both the USBS?!?!  

One is a SandDisk 16GB and the other is a PWNY 128GB USB.   

HELP?!?!?!??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wgwifi
Guide
Guide

UPDATE:   Soooo I have the USBs working again ! They needed to be reformatted to FAT32 AND SCHEME: MASTER BOOT RECORD (MBR).   Did this on my m1 Mac in disk utility, my other intel Mac did not allow me to change to scheme of the format . Theee options GUID GRID,  MASTER BOOT RECORD , ETC ! SELECT MASTER BOOT RECORD !   Worked 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Wgwifi
Guide
Guide

UPDATE:   Soooo I have the USBs working again ! They needed to be reformatted to FAT32 AND SCHEME: MASTER BOOT RECORD (MBR).   Did this on my m1 Mac in disk utility, my other intel Mac did not allow me to change to scheme of the format . Theee options GUID GRID,  MASTER BOOT RECORD , ETC ! SELECT MASTER BOOT RECORD !   Worked 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation