Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trigger Close Up

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PJPNZL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Kia ora. My Arlo Pro 2 will record vehicles passing the house 50 metres away on the road, but will not record vehicles arriving or leaving 5 to 19 metre away.  Help!!

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

What motion sensitivity setting value are you using? Look in the camera rule for the operating mode, not the motion detection utility.

Default value is 80%.

My pro2 only has a max motion pickup range of 7m on the drive way, but never picks up traffic on the road 20m away. 

Has this his just started occurring or is something you had since setup?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PJPNZL wrote:

My Arlo Pro 2 will record vehicles passing the house 50 metres away on the road, but will not record vehicles arriving or leaving 5 to 19 metre away.  Help!!

As @DannyBearAgain says, the spec'd motion detection range is 7 meters (23 feet).  While it will often detect vehicles (particularly trucks) at longer range, in my experience that is not reliable (only some vehicles are detected).

In addition to adjusting the motion detection threshold, you might consider moving the camera. The camera's motion sensor is more sensitive to side-to-side motion across the field of view, and is more sensitive to motion at the bottom of the camera than the top.

PJPNZL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply.  Where do I find the 'operating mode'? I use the Reolink app (the Arlo app want me to connect to a hub, which I don't have).

Thank you very much for your support.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PJPNZL wrote:

I use the Reolink app (the Arlo app want me to connect to a hub, which I don't have).

Something wrong here, as the Pro 2 camera only connects to the base.  Plus the reolink app won't work with the Pro 2.

Can you confirm the camera model???

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation